Got USBs working on itgPro2, not quite as expected though...

Anything concerning In The Groove and/or r21.

Moderators: Admins, Mods

Got USBs working on itgPro2, not quite as expected though...

Postby Faded_Memories on Mon May 14, 2018 3:30 pm

I've been having trouble getting USB drives to work on my recent ITG system replacement and I started over last week.

After a couple days of boot issues I have a stable system again at home to play with, and I'm trying to get the USB sticks to work the way they USED to on ITG.

On Simply Love, the drives are recognized and keep stats, but what is driving me nuts is that they no longer keep track of the player's last used settings. (Last position on song wheel is remembered.)

I suspect this is because the cards are looking for options in a specific order, and the Mods menus are different between ITG and Simply Love.

My gut says this is a fixable problem if I can get things reordered to match between the ITG and SL themes. Not all of them since some are mutually exclusive, but looking for last speed modifier used, perspective, and noteskin preferences to stick from play to play...

Any ideas?

I just poked around on my card's Stats.xml file.
It appears that the card is noting/saving the various mods used but that Simply Love isn't loading them later.

I have tried editing some things in the Mods.lua script but nothing seemed to change. Not sure if I didn't rewrite the correct parts, or whether there is another step required. (Another file to edit, a forced re-load, compile etc?)
Faded_Memories
10%
10%

Re: Got USBs working on itgPro2, not quite as expected thoug

Postby TheKamilia on Thu May 17, 2018 10:23 pm

Faded_Memories wrote:I've been having trouble getting USB drives to work on my recent ITG system replacement and I started over last week.

After a couple days of boot issues I have a stable system again at home to play with, and I'm trying to get the USB sticks to work the way they USED to on ITG.

On Simply Love, the drives are recognized and keep stats, but what is driving me nuts is that they no longer keep track of the player's last used settings. (Last position on song wheel is remembered.)

I suspect this is because the cards are looking for options in a specific order, and the Mods menus are different between ITG and Simply Love.

My gut says this is a fixable problem if I can get things reordered to match between the ITG and SL themes. Not all of them since some are mutually exclusive, but looking for last speed modifier used, perspective, and noteskin preferences to stick from play to play...

Any ideas?

I just poked around on my card's Stats.xml file.
It appears that the card is noting/saving the various mods used but that Simply Love isn't loading them later.

I have tried editing some things in the Mods.lua script but nothing seemed to change. Not sure if I didn't rewrite the correct parts, or whether there is another step required. (Another file to edit, a forced re-load, compile etc?)

are you signing the profile data? also try adding it manually to the stats.xml and you should be able to set it in the static.ini as well
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
TheKamilia
20%
20%

Postby concubidated on Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:05 pm

Faded_Memories wrote:On Simply Love, the drives are recognized and keep stats, but what is driving me nuts is that they no longer keep track of the player's last used settings. (Last position on song wheel is remembered.)

Fixed that here with various other things too.

https://github.com/concubidated/simply-love-openitg
concubidated
10%
10%

Postby Faded_Memories on Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:03 am

Yup. Got the updated files and all was good except for a typo keeping one of the mods from working right. (Space arrow orientation.)

Now I'm on to other tweaks. Just figured out a few days ago how to set the game to default to something other than Beginner difficulty in order to keep all the drunks from playing forever (and usually getting frustrated at the slowness themselves.)

Also been playing around with various UI elements. Got a curve added back to the song wheel, although I can't for the life of me figure out why it curves in BOTH directions once it becomes significant enough. Going to play around with spacing and placement of on screen elements like the banners on the song select screen. (Currently off centered and most are noticeably cut-off.) Any idea if there is a way to make the game scale the banners to fit?

Thanks so much for all the help!
Faded_Memories
10%
10%

Return to ITG/r21 Discussion