Donate to r21freak

Anything concerning r21freak.com

Moderators: Admins, Mods

Donate to r21freak

Postby sssmsm on Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:32 pm

r21freak costs about $100 to run each year as it is now, and this is not an easy payment for me to make. So if you enjoy coming here, getting some great files, getting some good feedback from others, and just hanging out with all your favorite fellow r21freaks, then a donation would be a great way to ensure that this place is still around next year when the bill comes. Plus you can get some pretty cool stuff in the process.

Of course, donating is not mandatory, and it does not make you a "better" member than anyone else here. If you can't or don't want to donate, then releasing good files, giving good reviews, and being an all around productive member is still the best way to contribute to this site.

But if you're still in the donating spirit, then by all means please do. It's easy, quick, painless and helps us out A LOT. Even just a few dollars goes a long way to ensuring that this place stays alive in the vicious internet of today. If you're less of a donating type but would still like to help out, then check out some swanky r21freak merchandise.

To donate, follow these steps:

Step 1 - Get Paypal
If you don't already have an account on Paypal, then get one. We do accept check and money donations through the mail, but Paypal is much safer and faster. If you'd like to send a check or money through the mail however, then PM me or contact me on AIM and I will give you the necessary information.

Step 2 - Send money
Send your desired amount of donation to "sssmsm@r21freak.com". You can also just click this link here and then click on the donate button that comes up to start setting up the donation easily and automatically. While any amount is appreciated, a $5 minimum is encouraged due to Paypal's fees. A direct Paypal to Paypal transaction is preferred, though credit/debit/e-check funded payments are also accepted, though they could take longer to be confirmed. The best method is to donate the money as a "gift," which has no fees.

Step 3 - Pick a prize
If you've sent a high enough of a donation to qualify for one of the prizes below, then please PM me or contact me on AIM and tell me. I will get your prize to you as quickly as possible as soon as the donation has gone through. More prizes are added all the time, so check back often! The prizes are yours forever, or as long as the site is around and you're still a member of course. The prizes that are currently available are:

[Reveal] Spoiler: Show Prizes
  • For a minimum donation of $5, you can get 100mb of permanent hosting space here at r21freak. This means you get FTP access to "r21freak.com/your_name". You can upload 100mb worth of your stepfiles, graphics, and just about anything as long as it doesn't harm the rest of the site in any way. If you're tired of Filefront or Megaupload's ads, slow speeds, deleting your files or whatever, then this a great alternative. If you don't know how to use an FTP, then I can show you. It's easy! You can use this donation option as many times as you'd like to add more space.
  • If you don't know how to use an FTP, then click here.
  • You should get your 100mb of FTP space within one day after your donation.

• For a minimum donation of $20, you can get 1 gig of permanent hosting space here at r21freak. This means you get FTP access to "r21freak.com/your_name". You can upload 1 gig worth of your stepfiles, graphics, and just about anything as long as it doesn't harm the rest of the site in any way. If you're tired of Filefront or Megaupload's ads, slow speeds, deleting your files or whatever, then this a great alternative. If you don't know how to use an FTP, then I can show you. It's easy! You can use this donation option as many times as you'd like to add more space.
  • If you don't know how to use an FTP, then click here.
  • You should get your 1 gig of FTP space within one day after your donation.

• For a minimum donation of $10, you can get a "your_name@r2freak.com" e-mail address. This snazzy new e-mail address of yours can either forward to an e-mail you already have set up, or it can be an independent e-mail that you check separately with something like Microsoft Outlook.
  • If you don't know how to set up an e-mail in Outlook Express, then click here.
  • You should get your @r21freak e-mail within one day after your donation.

• For a minimum donation of $5, you can get an in-depth review of one of your files, pointing out as many tiny flaws and gaping errors as possible, while highlighting what is good as well. It can be done either as a long, written out review, a session over AIM or Skype, or a combination. This is a great way to get better at making stepfiles, especially if you feel you haven't been receiving enough in-depth advice just yet.
  • You should get your in depth review within one week after your donation and stepfile have been received. Feel free to schedule your tutoring session on AIM or Skype with me at your convenience as well, if you'd like.

• For a minimum dontation of $5, you can request a new feature for the site. While some things are unalterable or will not be changed, things like adding smilies, word filters, html that can be implemented into posts, and other things within reason are all perfectly acceptable. If you have any questions as to whether or not the feature you want to request can be implemented, PM or contact me on AIM first and we can work something out.
  • Your feature should be added to the site within one day after your donation.

• For a minimum donation of $5, you can request a topic to be stickied in the Junkyard for a month. This will ensure that your requested topic stays on the front page of the Junkyard, the most visited section of the site, for everyone to see for one month. Feel free to use this option several times for the same topic, or different topics as well.
  • Your topic should be stickied within one day after your donation.

Step 4 - More prizes!
After you've gotten your main prize for donating, check below to see if you qualify for yet another prize. If the amount you've donated in total (all of your donations to r21freak added together) is equal to or greater than one of the amounts below, then you get a special stepfile as well. I keep track of how much everyone has donated and should give you the stepfile in addition to your main prize automatically, but if I forget then please remind me.
(Only the stepfiles that say "available" are available at the moment. You will automatically be sent the stepfiles you qualify for as they become available.)

• $5 total - (available!)
  • $20 total -(available!)
  • $50 total - (not done yet)
  • $100 total - (not done yet)

Step 5 - Feel good about yourself
And that's all there is to it! Thanks for helping out r21freak and getting some pretty cool stuff in the process :D
sssmsm
102%
102%
Site Admin
Site Admin
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: Donate to r21freak

Postby sssmsm on Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:22 am

How to use FTP

1) Go here and download the free version of Core FTP LE 2.1. Install it and open it up.

2) As soon as you open it up, a window should appear. In "site name" type (without the quotations) "r21freak", in "Host/IP/URL" type "r21freak.com", in "username" type "your_name@r21freak.com", and in "password" type your password. Click Connect.

3) You should now see a list of files in the box on the right and the box on the left. The box on the left is your computer, and the box on the right is r21freak. When you need to upload a file, simply navigate the left box to where the file is on your computer (you can type in the address above the box where it says "C:\whatever" or you can use the folder with two periods next to it to go up a level and navigate manually). When you've found it, simply drag it over to the right box and let go. It will then upload to the site (it may take a while). The same thing goes for downloading: just drag files from the right box to the left one.

4) The link to the file you just uploaded is "http://r21freak.com/your_name/XXX" where XXX is whatever the name of the file you uploaded is. You can view all of the files in your directory at anytime by just going to "http://r21freak.com/your_name" in your web browser too. And that's all there is to it really. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.
sssmsm
102%
102%
Site Admin
Site Admin
Former Staff
Former Staff

Postby sssmsm on Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:48 pm

New prizes for donating are up!

* Custom graphics
* Custom stepfile requests

Oh boy! :D
sssmsm
102%
102%
Site Admin
Site Admin
Former Staff
Former Staff

Postby sssmsm on Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:02 am

The $5 donation prize file is now available! Look under your unlockables if you've donated :D
sssmsm
102%
102%
Site Admin
Site Admin
Former Staff
Former Staff

Postby sssmsm on Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:23 am

Here is a list of some of the files I have made by donation request. Some of these were deemed unsteppable by those who requested them, but I tried my best to make them fun and well-stepped. I believe I succeeded, but don't take my word for it; feel free to take a look for yourself:

DOWNLOAD
Al Yisroel Shalom - Yeshiva Boys Choir
Singles: Expert - 9, Hard - 7, Medium - 4, Easy - 2, Novice - 1
Requested by: anonymous
A hebrew chorus song with added gimmicks and 16ths as requested by the donator.

DOWNLOAD
Ata Echod - Lev Tahor
Singles: Expert - 9, Hard - 7, Medium - 5, Easy - 3
Doubles: Expert - 9, Hard - 7, Medium - 5, Easy - 3
A hebrew song with added 16ths as BPMs as requested by the donator. The Doubles charts are essentially translations of the Singles charts.

DOWNLOAD
Hakol Yoducha - Dance It!
Singles: Expert - 9, Hard - 7, Medium - 5, Easy - 3, Novice - 1
A hebrew song with 16ths as requested by the donator.

DOWNLOAD
Reflection - Hayashibara Megumi
Doubles: Expert - 10
Requested by: orangelove
An anime theme song. Though a sprinkling of spins, crossovers, easy hands and varied patterns linking them together actually makes this one of the most fun Doubles charts I have ever made.

DOWNLOAD
Scarface (Push It to the Limit) - Paul Engemann
Doubles: Expert - 9
Some of my best accenting crossovers ever are in this chart, especially the Doubles-only ones that throw you across both pads right to the snap in the music. Other fun crossovers throughout and doublesteps at the end make this a blast on the pad.

Twilight - Electric Light Orchestra
Singles: Expert - 9, Hard - 7, Medium - 5, Easy - 3, Novice - 1
Doubles: Expert - 9
The Singles Expert is pretty much just a translation of the Doubles Expert, with a few cool things of its own. It's a really technical 9, full of crossovers, 270's, spins and hands, so it could end up being a 10 if done correctly, but an 8 if bullshitted. Either way though, it's ridiculously fun to play, and it's the perfect warmup or cooldown.
sssmsm
102%
102%
Site Admin
Site Admin
Former Staff
Former Staff

Postby sssmsm on Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:53 pm

New donation prizes are up, as are more examples of some of the donation files I have made for donators.
sssmsm
102%
102%
Site Admin
Site Admin
Former Staff
Former Staff

Postby sssmsm on Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:56 pm

The $20 donation prize file is now available! Look under your unlockables if you've donated :D
sssmsm
102%
102%
Site Admin
Site Admin
Former Staff
Former Staff

Return to Site Discussion