Senior members: Where are you at now?

Anything concerning anything.

Moderators: Admins, Mods

Re: Senior members: Where are you at now?

Postby mute on Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:01 pm

Blazing wrote:Hi r21Freak. I searched "Florida" because I'm visiting home and wanted to find rhythm games. I did not expect to see Gypsy_Boy baring his soul in October of 2017.

I haven't been actively into rhythm games for quite a while, but I do still like to putter about on a dance pad every now and again. I'm currently living in Madison, Wisconsin (which has a surprising number of active ITG players...not that I interact with them much) and working full time for an electronic health records company--Wisconsin folks probably know which one. My life mostly consists of working, and my free time is largely devoted to gardening, aquarium-keeping, home improvement, and practicing the piano (it's kind of like a rhythm game).

I regret that I never got to meet more of the people from this board, and that I kind of just disappeared from this site when I was in the admin role, but it's good to see there are some young punks keeping the dream alive. Also huge shoutout to Jayce for keeping Blazing Pack up on DivinElegy.

Hey man, not sure if I told you on Twitch but we have a Facebook group for the WI players. Lemme know if you'd like to be added; you can get to know the Madison peeps a bit better, or join in on the sessions over at my place in Milwaukee.
Mute Sims Megathread
Last updated: 2018-07-26

Mute's Resyncs
Last updated: 2018-05-02
mute
100%
100%
Former Staff
Former Staff
((( dx_xb )))
((( dx_xb )))
Comp V - 3rd
Comp V - 3rd

Postby SM MaxX on Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:09 am

holy groove blazing is alive lol
ITG Jesus wrote:I am the jesus of the ITG world and one of my favorite songs is I can walk on water I can fly
SM MaxX
101%
101%

Postby KevinGannets on Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:56 pm

SM MaxX wrote:holy groove blazing is alive lol
I was literally about to say this haha
KevinGannets
0%
0%

Postby Psychotik on Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:34 am

Blazing who? :thinking: :mrgreen:
TEEX wrote:I want me a grrrl that will call me at 4 in the morning and ask me what my best is on Ants. :oops:
Psychotik
102%
102%
Mr. Green
Mr. Green
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cat-Bomb on Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:51 am

I wanted to post in this thread because its been a bit and my plans for life have changed. Even though there is spammers I hope this thread doesn't get junked. I am back to living with my parents for the time being, working security. I am currently saving up for a chevy ashtro van and looking to make it into a stealth camper for van living. I will start traveling in it as well while saving up for land in the country to build a home on.
RIP Eza
Cat-Bomb
60%
60%

Postby Valex on Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:24 am

Valex wrote:I play dance games and write simfiles a lot still, though I've been focusing more on Pump lately
IRL wise I graduated college and am attempting to find employment. I think I started actively posting here at the end of HS/beginning of college ._.
Not sure if I count as a senior member though, but I've still been around here for a long-ass time lol

I have a job now and spend most of my time just rolling around in piles of money
"10.5/10, it's OK" - Me
Valex
101%
101%
FotW Helper
FotW Helper

Postby Cat-Bomb on Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:40 am

Valex wrote:
Valex wrote:I play dance games and write simfiles a lot still, though I've been focusing more on Pump lately
IRL wise I graduated college and am attempting to find employment. I think I started actively posting here at the end of HS/beginning of college ._.
Not sure if I count as a senior member though, but I've still been around here for a long-ass time lol

I have a job now and spend most of my time just rolling around in piles of money

same
RIP Eza
Cat-Bomb
60%
60%

Postby Gpop on Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:18 pm

Cat-Bomb wrote:
Valex wrote:

same
Out Now!
[Reveal] Spoiler: Recent Releases
ImageImage

In Progress:
[Reveal] Spoiler: Current Projects

Stepmania thread of all previous releases (click the banners for download)
Gpop
60%
60%

Postby Nazrininator on Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:10 pm

I'm in college now and have a part-time job. My new main interest is now watching anime.
Nazrininator
70%
70%

Postby /// on Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:56 pm

oh yeah one last update before this website is assimilated into the void:

i don't play video games much anymore. to be honest with myself i haven't played stepmania all that much in maybe 4 or 5 years. these days my hobbies include making music and programming, so basically two things that scratch the same itch that stepmania used to scratch for me. i don't even have that much time for the hobbies i actually enjoy because lol college is hard, especially when you're a math major at a school full of math olympiad gold medalists or whatever the fuck and you're just some random ass kid from texas.

also i wrote a reminder to myself to make a pad for stepmania then immediately deleted it because i finally came to the conclusion that such a project would add very little additional value to my life for the price of annoying the shit out of my neighbors. it would have been nice to do it when i still lived in an urban sprawl hellscape (and also when people still played this game), but in a city it's just not gonna happen.

p.s. i also have a job
<@roothorick> my one girl couldn't keep a job and cycled between homeless and living with her parents
<@roothorick> I don't know how I didn't see the writing on the wall
<Kyzentun> Because she didn't have a wall at the time.
///
90%
90%

Postby Phaiyte on Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:41 pm

After a few years of just not having access to the game I've been climbing the stamina ladder all over again and honestly it's the most fun I've had in ages and this is probably the best physical shape I've been in in about the same amount of time because I literally started working out outside the game and eating a certain way just to improve my performance in the game.

Super special thanks to mute for OceanLab Megamix.
Phaiyte
90%
90%

Postby shadowobsessed on Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:57 am

KevinGannets wrote:Hey Guys gypsy_boy here (better known as R_G)

Holy shit, gypsy_boy!!! You have kids! And you look happy! I'm sorry about all that mess, but wow I'm glad at least things worked out for you. Way to fight for your daughters :)

Phaiyte wrote:After a few years of just not having access to the game I've been climbing the stamina ladder all over again and honestly it's the most fun I've had in ages and this is probably the best physical shape I've been in in about the same amount of time because I literally started working out outside the game and eating a certain way just to improve my performance in the game.

Super special thanks to mute for OceanLab Megamix.

Hell yeah!! I just started playing again too. I just found an ITG2 machine about 50 minutes/an hour (depending on traffic) away from me in Phoenixville, PA and I played on it for the first time. Believe it or not, there's actually an ITG tournament next month so I'm training to try my luck in it. If anyone's ever in the area, the machine's at a really cool spot called Gamers Heaven. 75 cents per round, 3 songs, no USB ports but a decent amount of songpacks on the machine and they are open to adding more. There are two Ace machines within an hour of me as well, but I always prefer ITG over DDR even if I'm in the minority vote there.

I haven't posted in a long time again, oops. I left my job as an arcade manager for Round 1 back in January after a year and a half. They treated me like a pile of shit. I worked long hours trying to teach myself things that I was expected to do but they never taught me how. The spreadsheets were disorganized and it took hours and hours to place orders. Website constantly crashed and I would lose all my work. They forced me to work through dangerous conditions like blizzards and flooding. All the managers shit-talk each other and are backstabby and rumors fly constantly. My employees kept trying to fight each other. I got whooping cough and no one cared and I had to get a doctor's note to finally stay home from work because I couldn't breathe. They worked me to the bone and I thought about killing myself and I realized that's not a good way to feel about a job. They have no soul and nothing ever pleases them. I've watched a lot of people get mistreated there. Don't support them!!! When I left they had to hire two new people to replace me, go figure.

I'm now at an organic market serving up vegetarian/vegan lunches and I get free food and I hang around young stoner hippies lol. Interesting change of crowd. Muuuuch less drama. I hated being a manager anyway, everyone fighting all the time and me having to step in to kick people out because security refused to do their job. Next month, I move with my boyfriend out of a suburban home that we're sharing with my family into a one-bedroom apartment in Philly. I've never lived in an apartment or in a city, so I'm hoping it will be a positive change for me. I've also taken up doing some decoden crafts, I made a tiny cream puff, fortune cookie and shrimp cocktail so far.

p.s. I'm reinstalling OpenITG so I can play stepcharts again. Feels weird, man. I've been on this website for 10 years now. Crazy shit.
shadowobsessed
101%
101%

Postby shadowobsessed on Tue May 29, 2018 9:15 am

Yesterday marks my 10-year anniversary on this site. I feel like I need to bake an arrow cake or something.

On Saturday, I competed in an ITG tournament at Gamer's Heaven in Phoenixville, PA! I'm cross-posting this from the Union Room PA thread because it's just so cool that this scene is still running. It was a ton of fun! We had 8 people total. I didn't win but during warm-ups I did consistently better than someone who went to the semi-finals, so that feels pretty good. Just need to work on conserving my energy.

I had an idea that the Philly Rhythm Gamers (PRG) group can all make our own stepfile and create a tourney pack together. It's a longshot but it could be a lot of fun, and I heard some positive feedback about the idea.

Here's the archived stream of the event: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCV99mE0pRM
And the tournament brackets/results: https://challonge.com/izsiqvd1
shadowobsessed
101%
101%

Postby RODD on Tue May 29, 2018 12:17 pm

I helped the mentally disabled for a living and I will be going to college in the fall to major in Social Work and eventually want to open up my own residential care facility!

I also still play rhythm games! My job is pretty chill and I have days off that match with the time I need to go have fun! I'm active on DDR A and I am currently hosting an ITG Upgrade at my house so I've been playing ITG :D

Loak wrote:My standard is eat a lot and then play arrow games until skinny again.
RODD
101%
101%

Postby Phaiyte on Tue May 29, 2018 1:31 pm

RODD wrote:I helped the mentally disabled for a living and I will be going to college in the fall to major in Social Work and eventually want to open up my own residential care facility!

I also still play rhythm games! My job is pretty chill and I have days off that match with the time I need to go have fun! I'm active on DDR A and I am currently hosting an ITG Upgrade at my house so I've been playing ITG :D

My boy RODD! Glad life has convenienced you enough to have time to play and hold a good job
Phaiyte
90%
90%

Previous

Return to General Discussion