Senior members: Where are you at now?

Anything concerning anything.

Moderators: Admins, Mods

Re: Senior members: Where are you at now?

Postby /// on Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:35 pm

ServerOfTheAlter wrote:When are we recording our minecraft Let's Play I've been waiting three years

it's not my fault you fell off the face of the earth (the earth being this website ofc)
<@roothorick> my one girl couldn't keep a job and cycled between homeless and living with her parents
<@roothorick> I don't know how I didn't see the writing on the wall
<Kyzentun> Because she didn't have a wall at the time.
///
90%
90%

Postby Fraxtil on Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:11 am

ServerOfTheAlter wrote:
Fraxtil wrote:I was gonna get a Precision pad after I moved out of my current apartment but then I ran out of options and I'm stuck with 3rd floor myself so I guess I'm just giving up on dance games forever now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm not a "senior" member but that pretty much sums up my situation. Moved to a city 4 times as big as where I used to play (Tucson -> Phoenix), no decent dance games in town. At least I can still write charts, even if I can't play them...

Do you ever play on the DDR at westgate?

I actually just got back from there at the time of reading this. I've been going on the weekends but I'll probably start going on Thursday / Friday nights after work instead because good god it's busy on Sat/Sun. Also I live 45 minutes away so I'm only really up to going once a week
Telperion wrote:
Horsey wrote:As long as it's not vore, furries are okay with me.

It's just like Macklemore said.
Fraxtil
100%
100%

Postby shadowobsessed on Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:05 pm

Hey guys, just doing my monthly update. After training for a month and 11 days or so in Arlington, Texas, I've flown back to Pennsylvania and I've been training at the new (under construction) Round 1 in Exton, PA for about two and a half weeks or so. The store is shaping up alright, though we did push our opening date back a day - the tentative grand opening is now December 10. And I think we won't open until about 3 p.m. It'll be a short day to give our employees a chance to get used to the job. Don't take my word as law though, the date is still subject to change. I hope to see some people there once we open!

Here's a list of music games we have at the moment (I believe we are waiting on DDR A and hopefully Groove Coaster to arrive sometime in December):

Crossbeats Sunrise x2
Final Fantasy Theatrhythm x4
Gitadora Tri-Boost DrumMania x1
Gitadora Tri-Boost GuitarFreaks x1
Guitar Hero x1
IIDX Copula (Says so on marquee, but will be upgraded to Sinobuz) x2
Museca x2
Music GunGun! x1 (Near outside front mall entrance)
PIU Infinity x1
PIU Prime x1
Pop'n Music Tune Street x1
Project Diva Future Tone x1
Rhythm Tengoku x1 (Near outside front mall entrance)
Sound Voltex III x2

b4mV wrote:Interesting how much life can change in 6 months. Can't wait for your Round 1 to open, I'll probably be there monthly. I'm ~2 hours away.

Oh shi- cool! Maybe we can finally meet! XD

Crazy_Musician wrote:Wow, congrats on the position! Wouldn't mind meeting you while you're still in town, my wife and I are usually up at GVM on Wednesdays and Sundays and most of the regulars are in and out there.

Dang, sorry I didn't see this!! I actually only trained at the APM location and I didn't have any transportation, so I wouldn't have been able to meet up at GVM anyway. I only went there for our first day of orientation, seemed like a pretty nice place! Instead I went to the ghetto place where I had to call mall security over two different domestic abuse cases I witnessed.

Slayer³ wrote:Awesome that you're project is coming through soon.
Lesson's help. I highly recommend them if you can afford them.
But only if it's the right teacher for you. If not, then stop immediately.
My first vocal coach asked me, "Why bother learning to sing at your age?"
Needless to say, I did not stick with them.

Thanks for the tips! I pretty much only sing on the side as a hobby now, but maybe if I start to pursue it seriously then I'll start training and reading up on the subject. Sounds like your previous vocal coach was a douche!
shadowobsessed
100%
100%

Postby C_Jota on Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:31 pm

I somehow always end up back here lol.

Far less of a douche now
C_Jota
30%
30%

Postby Cat-Bomb on Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:24 pm

I guess ill add to this thread.

Got a job, a car, moved out of my parents, looking into traveling outside Arizona currently.
RIP Eza
Cat-Bomb
60%
60%

Postby Dark Luke on Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:32 pm

My contract developer job (SQL) with BMO is ending on 2016-12-22 after exactly 2 years...
Nightwish doubles pack

(DX only, full length songs)

Legacy packs:
Stomp Exceed (2003-2010)
(full singles + doubles)

Resident nobar doubles player.
Dark Luke
80%
80%
Former Staff
Former Staff
A Fairly Dark Luke
A Fairly Dark Luke
Comp II - 2nd
Comp II - 2nd

Postby Slayer³ on Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:06 pm

Dark Luke wrote:My contract developer job (SQL) with BMO is ending on 2016-12-22 after exactly 2 years...

I hope you get another one quickly!

shadowobsessed wrote:I've flown back to Pennsylvania and I've been training at the new (under construction) Round 1 in Exton, PA for about two and a half weeks or so. The store is shaping up alright, though we did push our opening date back a day - the tentative grand opening is now December 10. And I think we won't open until about 3 p.m. It'll be a short day to give our employees a chance to get used to the job. Don't take my word as law though, the date is still subject to change. I hope to see some people there once we open!

Ahhhh, I just missed it. Late November I was just in Harrisburg PA for several days on business!!
If I meet with that company again there I'll have to swing by!

shadowobsessed wrote:Thanks for the tips! I pretty much only sing on the side as a hobby now, but maybe if I start to pursue it seriously then I'll start training and reading up on the subject. Sounds like your previous vocal coach was a douche!

You're welcome!
Yes, my first vocal coach was dropped soon-after!!
Slayer³
50%
50%

Postby shadowobsessed on Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:20 pm

Oh dang, I haven't replied in a long time.

I've been working for Round 1 in Exton, PA for about a year now. The store has definitely had many ups and downs, so it's been an interesting time. Anyone here, let me know if you're in the area! (Private message so I get it in my email, since I never check here.)

I have met a nice Philly area gaming group, and one of them has a private machine in the city, so it's been nice to come over and play. I also attended Champions of the Coast at 8 on the Break for the first time. Looking forward to potentially going to MAGFest for the second time. It was sooooo fun last year, I can't wait to go again.
shadowobsessed
100%
100%

Postby KevinGannets on Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:41 pm

Hey Guys gypsy_boy here (better known as R_G)

I still step songs regularly, I released one recently not knowing how dead this site became lol I gained 80 pounds from my relationship (she made me quit DDR/ITG and I'm a big eater so yeah... that happened) I've gradually started playing again last year and I can finally pass level 11's again... pretty consistently too!

I've begun to setup StepMania cabinet thingy at my workplace in some unused space. Its a metal pad with a mounted TV on a wall and all the necessary connections so all I do is connect my laptop via HDMI and Aux to a radio and I'm good to go (I need to build a bar and I'm prettt much done)

As for IRL, I've been working for the family business. We fix machines that create medicine once they break people call us and we get things moving again, odds are we fixed a machine to make that pill you had recently

As some of you know (especially the people I met IRL) I am well... a gypsy. I was in an arranged marriage for almost 8 years but because it was arranged my ex never truly wanted to be with me. (Usually arranged marriages work in my colture but in my case it didn't) After so much trouble and getting treated disgustingly bad (I wasnt allowed to see my first born child until she was 2 months old for literally no reason at all, my 2nd child was taken away from me at 1 month old and I didn't see her till 6 months old) she decided after 7 years to take the younger child who was 2 at the time and leave forever. (She started talking to her ex boyfriend and he called me one night screaming at 4am till today i dont know why, the only logical thing I can think of is that his wife must've caught him and he was trying to play dumb which sounds about righr for gypsys)

So being the type of father who loves his children with all is heart I went thru family court after 2 months of her not coming home not being able to take the games anymore (also not knowing the ex boyfriend was involved at the time) and the judge did not like the fact that she only took one child and then lied in court that I harm my children. He literally said to her "What kind of mother leaves a child with an abusive father and only takes one with her? Kevin is the one who filled for court so if he didn't you would've never brought this matter to anyone attention that he's an abusive father?" (not those exact words but you get the idea)

Anyways, after so many months of court she just decided to sign the kids over to me. Her ex boyfriend from what I've heard told her that he loves his wife and kids and can't leave them for her so that kinda backfired in her face. Now shes married to her First Cousins Son (Shes 27 and hes 17)

So now I'm a single father of 2 beautiful girls 7 and 4. I wouldve literally commited suicide if I lost them for no apparent reason (I've never cheated never hit her and literally got us our own house, car and everything inbetween)

I visit my hometown of Edison NJ every now and then, I am a Florida resident for a few years now (my dad bought a vacation home and I kinda just moved into it whoops)

I go to church, I play DDR and I raise my children (and I play some poker every once in a while)

I haven't seen any of the people I know from this site since the Arcade that had our r23 enabled ITG2 dedicab closed down. Its like all of the people I grew up with died with the arcade lmao

As you can probably tell from my miss use of , and . and horrible grammar... I've never went to school, never went to college. I've been homeschooled just to learn how to read and do math (which is what 95% of gypsy's do)

Screenshot_20171021-123515.jpg

Screenshot_20171021-123622.jpg

Screenshot_20171021-123212.jpg

^^^I never told her to go to this machine she went on her own haha ❤❤❤
KevinGannets
0%
0%

Postby Horsey on Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:12 pm

you look like a heavier George Hotz lol
Community Dropbox Thread wrote:http://r21freak.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=24873
Horsey
80%
80%

Postby KevinGannets on Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:52 pm

Horsey wrote:you look like a heavier George Hotz lol

I'm laughing out loud cause after all these posts that's what you had to say
KevinGannets
0%
0%

Postby mute on Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:24 am

motherfucking gypsy_boy, holy shit
Latest update: 2017-08-18
mute
100%
100%
Former Staff
Former Staff
((( dx_xb )))
((( dx_xb )))
Comp V - 3rd
Comp V - 3rd