Community Pack Index [1500+ packs, Add Your Own] [Dropbox]

Anything concerning In The Groove and/or r21.

Moderators: Admins, Mods

Community Pack Index [1500+ packs, Add Your Own] [Dropbox]

Postby Horsey on Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:32 pm

Okay, so all credit goes to Jojomexi for financing the dropbox folder at 1TB/month.

Link Here (Or Click The Banner):

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o9t6z8n3gdmg6sz/cuV7Kaurg-

**How to Download**

1. Find a folder you want to download
    2. Open that folder (can be a single file or a whole pack)
    3. Click the 3 dots in the top right corner of the site
    4. Select Download .zip file

**Important notes**

Any pack that has an empty text file in it serves as a note to those who are downloading the pack. These notes currently show either "______ resync or "horsey cleanup". Resyncs are resynced by that person, mostly mute, in some cases others, and horsey cleanup means that I made some slight modifications to metadata and deleted extraneous files (.old, .dwi, .mp3, .db etc). In the places that horsey's cleanup occurs, I did not make any artistic changes.

This should be a community database, and I want this pack listing to be as open as possible, (unlike Divinelegy and SMO that work autonomously with those who know Jayce and the owner of SMO). You shouldn't need to know anyone to get your files hosted, so just post a link here or PM myself or Jojomexi and we'll add to the database.

-------

That said, I've hosted all the packs currently available to myself onto Jojo's account. In addition to most packs that the community pack lists, there are also packs that compile individual files not (currently) found in any pack, however, there are probably duplicates, because checking the Singles folders against pad packs is tedious.

------

Since this is dropbox, you can't really search within the public folder (that I know of). Only the owner can search, which is stupid, yes, but assuming you're looking for a particular pack, you can just use Ctrl + F and search for it. That being said, this is not good enough for me. I want, sometime in the future, to have a web site or web search engine to be able to search through a database that updates when I ask it to. Please post if you have any ideas regarding the matter.
Community Dropbox Thread wrote:http://r21freak.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=24873
Horsey
80%
80%

r21 Community Dropbox Updates

Postby Horsey on Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:33 pm

***update 4-18-17***

Files that have excess metadata mucking up the stepartist tags will be cleaned up for SM5 users by including an .ssc file that fully utilizes #DESCRIPTION and #CHARTNAME . In the future sometime, I'll hopefully have Dguzek merge my commit to his Simply Love port that marquees between chart author and the extra metadata.

If you're not using SM5 yet, and have the ability to install it, you should do so.

Here's a gif for those visually inclined:

***update 4-18-17***

Quite a long time ago, I made folders for Stepmania 5 and Stepmania "5.2" files. These folders currently house mostly ports of older files from 3.95 gimmicks to SM5+. These files will not work in 3.95 or oITG (or notITG). I've also been incredibly slow at adding new content, considering that I've been searching for months now on how to automate a lot of the efforts of mine. One major thing that I'm looking for is a batch file that will automatically convert an .sm file to an .ssc file (would be nice to just drag and drop a bunch of .sm files onto a batch file and output .ssc files next to the parent files). If any of you would be so inclined to help me with this, I'd be very greatful =]

***update 6-25-2016***

I haven't had landline internet service until a few weeks ago, so now everything is back to normal the way it should be. It's been a crazy last 7 months, hopefully I can start playing a lot more often going forward. I've been way to damn lazy playing league of legends lol. I've kept up on the content silently though. I just wanted to make an announcement of it.

***update 11-21-2015***

All caught up now.

I've added a bunch of new packs. There's now a separate folder for Otaku Dream files in the root of the public directory. I'd like for people to play through all of the packs (haha, no really, take the challenge already) and tell me which packs are pad files and which are keyboard files. The packs specifically labeled as pad packs are in the r21 folder for now until I or someone brave enough can review the rest of the Otaku collection. I'm currently looking into cleaning up the r21 individual files folder and deleting files that have been released in packs by now, as well as cleaning up other artist singles folders and doing the same. Anyone that wants to be nice can let me know what I'm missing or is redundant.

***update 6-7-2015***

As of early this morning, until further notice, all updates to the dropbox are being suspended while I go away on a work trip without my PC. I can't leave my PC running to tunnel in to update things. Where I'm going, I can only take my laptop, which cannot serve the dropbox. This isn't the end, just a small hiatus.

*** as of 4*3*2015 ***

All of the site competition packs have had their stepartist data filled in with a neat little suffix indicating the placing of the chart in the pad comp. Charts that were DQ'd have been noted as such.

I'm slowly going through all of the r21 packs and filling in the stepartist information to be accurate and complete.

All r21 associated packs should now have their chart authors and miscellaneous metadata errors fixed. I went through and cleaned all of the packs to make sure that they have a consistency to them.

On top of this, since Stepmania 5 is finally getting some unique charts to take advantage of its APIs, I creäted a SM5 folder for all of the SM5 charts that cannot be played in r21/3.95/oITG, or were intented to be played on SM5.

*** as of 8*5*2014 ***

I'm starting to go through packs and fill in the stepartist tag and clean up some metadata. This will be fun.

I started with fixing some random problems in the r21/AIJ individuals folder, hopefully I can also get the tournament packs and comp packs all filled in as well. Cheers

*** as of 5*11*2014 ***

I've converted and added Stepmix, DWI Extreme, DDRExtreme.co.uk, DDR4EVER, DDR Officials and DDRei. (They're all Pad files that are all relatively extremely easy compared to r21 files). Changes are uploading now, and since it's such a huge update, give it ~12 hours to upload. I'll also be merging a bunch of current releases in the r21 folder (I've just not added them over to the dropbox yet since their respective links haven't died off).

Currently everything is converting and syncing over, with Stepmix, DWI Extreme, and DDRExtreme already converted as I'm writing this. I'll update the index file dead last once everything has been merged in.

*** as of 4*1*2014 ***
New additions:
r21Freak Pad Comp VIII (stepartist credits added, and cleaned)
Ace's Favourites
Aoreo's Index Jawn
Tropical Dimensions
UKSRT 4 and 5 (quietly released)

Individual files:
Random Columbian files from youtube
Some old and forgotten IF files that I picked up on
The usual IF forum updates

Tools:
A binary patcher for Windows has been posted that allows the ITG binary to be patched to utilize more than 2GB of RAM. This is great for those who want to load a shitton at once.

*** as of 2*1*2014 ***

There's now a new index file uploaded to Copy. You can now just open the file in a web browser and search using ctrl + f. You no longer have to download the massive text file, it'll just remain online from now on.

*** as of 1*23*2014 ***

As I write this, a new index is uploading to Dropbox. The new index is the current storage of all files in the dropbox. Just download the index file and search for whatever you're looking for. This will have to be done until I'm able to find a service that will allow me to host a read-only-in-browser 5MB text file. (Yes, the text file is supposed to be that large, there's close to 7.5 MILLION lines of text in that file)

*** as of 1*13*2014 ***

My internet is back, all is back to normal =D I hope to start batch converting all of the non-r21 simfiles to be r21 ready soon. I'll make another post about it when I'm almost done and everything is uploading. I can't start this until I change hard drives. This will take a while, because I have to go through all my files and make a backup, then swap files over. This is at least an afternoon at the computer.

*** as of 1*9*2014 ***

My apartment complex's internet has been out for a while. They haven't fixed it, so I'm tethering on my iShitBook pro running windows... but to make matters worse, my PC housing the dropbox database can't tether because I don't have the correct drivers installed (I need the internet to download drivers, so it's a vicious circle). There won't be anything new added until further notice.

*** as of 1*2014 ***

I applied some of Fraxtil's Resyncs (found in his thread). I also did a little cleanup. Nothing major. Anything posted here or on AIJ is quietly added, without really needing an update to be written about it.

*** as of 12*30*2013 ***

All updated simfiles have been uploaded. There should be no more mp3 files in any songfolders other than in UKSRT2 and 3. I updated all the .sm to point to the new .ogg files, so there shouldn't be any issues hacking the songs onto an r21/r23 cab. Going forward, the only real updates should be to add new packs, and possibly fix the non r21 files for use on an ITG machine. I really don't see much demand for these files, but if there is, I'll prioritize it as such.

*** as of 12*29*2013 ***

As of today, I'm converting all the files from mp3 to ogg. As a part of this mass conversion, certain packs will be temporarily unavailable while I update them. Once conversion completes, they'll reüpload and be back to normal. Cheers guys.

*** as of 12*27*2013 ***

This morning the dropbox finished syncing all the R21 files. From now on, when you click the link, you'll see category folders of all the files that are on the dropbox. Currently there are 6 (For SIMfiles): Albumix, DDR Officials, DDRei, DWI Extreme, R21, and Stepmix. All the r21 files have been made "r21 hacking" ready. None of the files are ogg length patched (files that were previously patched are no longer patched).

**important**

As of today, any packs that have an associated course will have its .crs file in the root of the pack folder (where the pack banner, readme are located) These courses did not come with any special course files or conditions (like metrics changes and custom course banners). So, if you're looking for a course banner, just use the pack banner. Trancemania comes to mind as this sort of scenario. However, packs that are a part of more 'convoluted' courses (with metrics changes, special conditions, special banners etc.) will be located in folders starting with "_" (ex: "_Courses").

*** as of 12*26*2013 ***
I'll upload a new database after the changes sync with the dropbox servers.

I reverse length patched all the files (undid any previous length patching). I also did some preliminary housecleaning, deleting all the mp3 files and converting them to ogg files, ready to play on a dedicab.

Also, I rearranged the folders to separate between the various types of files. All R21 related files will be in the respective folder. Also, Albumix, DDR Officials, DWI Extreme files, Stepmix, etc will be found in their respective folders. I made this change to make it more easy to navigate through the massive pack listing by community web site (Since the r21/AIJ communities are so vastly different from the DWI/Stepmix, etc. communities).
Community Dropbox Thread wrote:http://r21freak.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=24873
Horsey
80%
80%

Re: Community Pack Index [730+ packs, Add Your Own] [Dropbox

Postby jojomexi on Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:38 pm

Also if I can continue to help in any way feel free to ask me! The community is only still alive because of everyone that continues to invest their time and efforts into it! I've seen our community here in Iowa die off as ITG become more and more sparse, but I am ready to begin investing what I can to keep things going strong! If there's any step files or other misc ITG you would wish for us to host please let us know! Thank you so much!
jojomexi
40%
40%

Postby rikame on Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:19 am

Neat, lots of local players could use this so I'll send it around. Thanks for hosting it! However, two requests if that's alright. The first is that you delete First .smPact. I don't care if you host All The Rounds regardless of how awful it is but as for .smpact, I renamed it to Rikame's Simfiles, which is also in there. The pack is 100% redundant lol. 2. Could you remove the RS3 beta until the pack is released? At this point there are so many changes that I'd rather nobody else see that archive :T
Out now
rikame
70%
70%

Postby Horsey on Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:45 am

rikame wrote:Neat, lots of local players could use this so I'll send it around. Thanks for hosting it! However, two requests if that's alright. The first is that you delete First .smPact. I don't care if you host All The Rounds regardless of how awful it is but as for .smpact, I renamed it to Rikame's Simfiles, which is also in there. The pack is 100% redundant lol. 2. Could you remove the RS3 beta until the pack is released? At this point there are so many changes that I'd rather nobody else see that archive :T

Sure. Oops. My intention wasn't to leak anyone's beta packs that weren't abandoned. As for .smpact I'll do a diff just to be sure and delete it.
Horsey
80%
80%

Postby jojomexi on Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:54 pm

well, between my asus wifi adapter crapping out and weekend being a bit busy, ive found a long enough ethernet cord to connect to till i can get a replacement adapter. with that said im going to start downloading from our newly hosted portal. ^_^ hope people are finding good use of it so far! and once again i will let everyone know once my friend passes over our backed up files we had from our machine. thanks!
jojomexi
40%
40%

Postby Janus5k on Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:01 am

This is pretty sweet (and unlike DE it actually has two of my packs already wheeeee). When you have the time, I'd like my other two to be put on here: Mozee Metal and Mozee Max Metals. Thanks!
Janus5k
30%
30%

Postby Telperion on Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:22 am

xxhorseriderxxx wrote:If you or anyone else knows how to, or would be willing, to write a script for Windows that prints the directory names and files inside my SIMfiles folder,

You might be able to get away with just a single-line batch file in the parent directory:
Code: Select all
cmd /u /c "tree /f /a . > index.txt"

@@- wrote:
CondorTalon wrote:I'm in. I promise not to submit a shitty anime remix this time.
This sounds like something someone who wants to submit a shitty anime remix and not get found out immediately would say

Telperion
90%
90%

Postby Horsey on Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:16 pm

Telperion wrote:
xxhorseriderxxx wrote:If you or anyone else knows how to, or would be willing, to write a script for Windows that prints the directory names and files inside my SIMfiles folder,

You might be able to get away with just a single-line batch file in the parent directory:
Code: Select all
cmd /u /c "tree /f /a . > index.txt"

Sweet. My windows CMD knowledge is so pethetically low... I've stuck to unix for all my hacking for too long, lol.
Horsey
80%
80%

Postby Horsey on Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:08 pm

Okay, that code worked, now I have to find a service that will host the 5MB text file that was generated in such a way that the text in readable in plaintext (without downloading it to read it). Pastebin has a 500KB limit, and Google Drive and Dropbox both force you to download it. Until then I guess you guys will have to just download the database file. I've also tried Evernote, and I went far, far above the limit for a public note. God dammit.
Horsey
80%
80%

Postby Fraxtil on Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:46 pm

xxhorseriderxxx wrote:Okay, that code worked, now I have to find a service that will host the 5MB text file that was generated in such a way that the text in readable in plaintext (without downloading it to read it). Pastebin has a 500KB limit, and Google Drive and Dropbox both force you to download it. Until then I guess you guys will have to just download the database file. I've also tried Evernote, and I went far, far above the limit for a public note. God dammit.

http://mywiki.wooledge.org/XyProblem

You're trying to provide a searchable database of simfile packs. You've come up with a solution that is very easy to initially produce, but also very difficult to maintain. I would strongly recommend you find a solution that doesn't require updating a giant text file that anyone who wants to search the database has to download and manually search through.

Dropbox provides an API that could, say, be used by a web server that handles searches, but you'd need to implement some form of caching to avoid hitting their rate limit, as well as a way to inform the web server when a folder has been added or updated. Alternatively, you could leave the searching up to a service like Indeed Engine, since there's a sizable amount of overlap. (In an ideal world we'd have one centralized resource for searching and downloading, but no one seems to have the time / resources to accomplish that.)
Telperion wrote:
Horsey wrote:As long as it's not vore, furries are okay with me.

It's just like Macklemore said.
Fraxtil
100%
100%

Postby jojomexi on Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:58 pm

Janus5k wrote:This is pretty sweet (and unlike DE it actually has two of my packs already wheeeee). When you have the time, I'd like my other two to be put on here: Mozee Metal and Mozee Max Metals. Thanks!

added! i will be helping when and where i can. ive noticed there are .sm files missing from some files as i through everything from our dropbox into openitg songs and will be slowly putting together a list for zach. also, we are looking at organizing all the courses into a course folder, as well as all the themes into a separate themes folder. though i have plenty of faith in zach (horserider) to carry out this task, if anyone else is confident and has an extensive library of courses and/or themes already, let me or horserider know, that way we can upload them and use that as a base, instead of putting them in one by one from what we can find. thanks!

edit: also, i should be picking up my backed up copies of simfiles from my friend today when i leave home here shortly. ill post screenshots of what is backed up so we can see what we can add to the dropbox. merry xmas happy holidays everybody! ^_^

edit#2: ALSO, we want to keep things as organized as possible, if you have tools that you would like for us to host, as well as graphics (for instance, i had the hi-res itg3 banner .png but i've since lost it) especially ones custom made for a custom cab, please let us know! We will take a little discretion as we don't want to just have a junk pile, but it would be nice to have these for easy and ready access! Thanks!

edit#3: I updated the dropbox with a cross reference from what i had manually pulled from divinelegy previously. So the DWI files are in there now, as well as some of jayce's packs that were missing, including his new piece of cake 4 ^_^
jojomexi
40%
40%

Postby Horsey on Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:47 am

@Jojo, you can just say Horsey, lol.

As for the courses and themes, I can upload my courses folder, but it's by no means an extensive collection; same with themes. I'm wondering if it's worth hosting all themes, recolours or not.

Wait, Piece of Cake 4 is out? lol
Horsey
80%
80%

Postby jojomexi on Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:54 am

xxhorseriderxxx wrote:@Jojo, you can just say Horsey, lol.

As for the courses and themes, I can upload my courses folder, but it's by no means an extensive collection; same with themes. I'm wondering if it's worth hosting all themes, recolours or not.

Wait, Piece of Cake 4 is out? lol

will do! horseyzachriderman. hahaha. and yes, I will be trying to recollect all the courses, and maybe even chime in with winDEU and get all his in one place.

and yes, i thought i had seen jayce post about it, couldnt find his post, but saw that he had it on divinilegy soooo its on there now lol.

once again i cant stress enough if theres ANYTHING that we are missing from our dropbox or inaccurate, etc PLEASE LET US KNOW. i need to compile the missing .sm files from packs, as well as convert mp3's using the crash.txt.

also also, i forgot to get the flash drives from my friend today, i just sent him a text and i will be looking at picking those up tomorrow, so sorry for the delay about those!!!
jojomexi
40%
40%

Postby Horsey on Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:43 am

jojomexi wrote:mp3's

I have an automatic method to converting all mp3s into .ogg, however, I need time to convert 831 (currently) mp3 files into ogg. This is the limiting reaction.
Horsey
80%
80%

Next

Return to ITG/r21 Discussion