Modifying Stats.xml?

Anything concerning In The Groove and/or r21.

Moderators: Admins, Mods

Modifying Stats.xml?

Postby dj505 on Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:49 pm

So, I found this slideshow on modifying your Stats.xml file and signing it with the machine's original RSA keys to have it execute LUA commands when the profile is loaded (https://www.slideshare.net/scovetta/arcade-attacks), and I just want to tinker around with it a bit at home. I'm having a few issues, however.

After modifying the file and using the following commands, I can't get the game to actually read the profile (SIGNATURE FAILED message).

Code: Select all
openssl dgst -keyform DER -sign private.rsa -out Stats.xml.sig Stats.xml
openssl dgst -keyform DER -sign private.rsa -out DontShare.sig Stats.xml.sig

It signs the files fine, and when verifying them against public.rsa, verification succeeds, however the game refuses to load them. I've also tried keeping the Stats.xml file unmodified and just signing it again, but that causes the same issue. Comparing the original Stats.xml.sig/DontShare.sig files with the new ones, they're completely different; I feel like I'm doing something wrong here.

Note: I don't actually plan on using this stuff on an actual public machine since I don't really want to get banned from the arcade. Again, just for fun. And if I do end up using it on a machine, it'll be purely ethical (nothing like inserting free credits)
dj505
40%
40%

Re: Modifying Stats.xml?

Postby Horsey on Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:03 am

I thought oITG/SM couldn't sign profile data, so that's why it shows up as signature failed.
Community Dropbox Thread wrote:http://r21freak.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=24873
Horsey
80%
80%

Re: Modifying Stats.xml?

Postby dj505 on Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:47 am

If you have the AC RSA keys (public.rsa and private.rsa) in the OpenITG/Data directory, it can.

My problem is getting it to sign properly. It seems to work fine, but the signatures generated by the game are very obviously different than ones I generate. How does oITG generate the .sig files anyway?
dj505
40%
40%

Return to ITG/r21 Discussion