ITG/SM3.95 theme ~SIMPLY LOVE~ RE-RELEASE!

Anything concerning In The Groove and/or r21.

Moderators: Admins, Mods

Re: ITG/SM3.95 theme ~SIMPLY LOVE~ RE-RELEASE!

Postby dbptwg on Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:28 am

I'm having quite a weird issue with this theme. When playing a set, the final song's score gets saved, but does not get attributed to the name that the player inputs, but to the name that the player of the next set inputs. If the player of the next set does not qualify on anything, the name prompt still appears, and if nothing is entered the score is forever listed as "????." This happens regardless of usb slot occupancy, total number of songs, and any setting on any of the extra operator options that the theme adds. It does not happen with a different custom theme or the default theme. I am using (I believe) stock Simply Love Final, outside of my having edited the default selected song so that new players don't end up playing 12 footers for their first stage.

The theme is installed on an upgraded japanese ddr 573 cabinet, everything is maintained and works flawlessly, it is running from the default R21 (no openitg) and has just under 2,000 songs on it. I have cloned the hard drive to allow more space for the customs partition, but the number of songs and the cloning caused no issued with default or the other theme we used, so I believe it is entirely a theme issue.

I've searched a bunch, so I'm very sorry if this is an issue that has been presented before, or if I'm simply using an outdated version of the theme. If there is a better place for me to pose this question, please let me know. The community that plays at my arcade likes the theme so much that they would prefer losing scores on their last song over switching back to another one >_<

Edit: Also, I see the theme is supposed to include support for changing the length of long version and marathon songs. It's in the metrics, but I can't seem to get it to show up, regardless of how I have the coin options. For now I've been editing the stepmania.ini to accomplish the same thing, but it seems the machine is resetting my changes at some unspecified time. I'll have to test more to see when it gets reverted. Thanks in advance!

Double edit: It appears the stepmania.ini gets reverted when the default theme is put on. I can prevent that from happening to retain the changes I've made to it, but if there's a very simple way of changing the lengths that I'm overlooking I'd still be interested in knowing. Thanks!
dbptwg
0%
0%

Postby 1033Forest on Sun May 08, 2016 10:39 pm

How do I add a new line of options in the metrics? I tried it on another theme, ITG 3, and it didn't work well. I want to try it on this theme.
The main creator of the ITG 5 theme.
1033Forest
0%
0%

Postby OdeToJoy on Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:09 am

Yeah, I too am quite interested in how to add options to Simply Love.
I'm interested in being able to select Simple Steps (so no offbeat arrows) in the mod Handicap menu. It exists in many other themes (e. g. in ITG 3, called "Simple" in the mod menu, but according to english.ini it's "Simple Steps"), but in Simply Love the Handicap line only has No Mines and other "No's". Theme's english.ini still has lines about "Simple Steps", so I assume it must exist somewhere.
I tried editing mods.lua (the string ModsMaster.Handicap and related), but while it adds the item to the menu just fine it doesn't actually work...
OdeToJoy
0%
0%

Postby OmegAlex on Wed May 17, 2017 4:30 am

anyone say if this mod for target is available also for Simply Love for ITG? I'll see happy feet with same mod but I dunno if use ITG or SM on his cab
OmegAlex
20%
20%

Postby dj505 on Wed May 17, 2017 9:37 am

There's an SM5 version too, yeah.
dj505
40%
40%

Postby OmegAlex on Wed May 17, 2017 9:43 am

dj505 wrote:There's an SM5 version too, yeah.

I know but i need oITG version :)
OmegAlex
20%
20%

Postby dj505 on Wed May 17, 2017 6:11 pm

Oh. Well you're on the right thread haha. This version works just fine with oITG, been using it for a year now.
dj505
40%
40%

Postby Horsey on Wed May 17, 2017 11:57 pm

dj505 wrote:Oh. Well you're on the right thread haha. This version works just fine with oITG, been using it for a year now.

you have to use oITG as of concubidated's fix on github. Just build the latest oITG binary and install it like you did oITG
Community Dropbox Thread wrote:http://r21freak.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=24873
Horsey
80%
80%

Postby mute on Tue May 23, 2017 2:24 am

OmegAlex wrote:anyone say if this mod for target is available also for Simply Love for ITG? I'll see happy feet with same mod but I dunno if use ITG or SM on his cab

For reference, Seth is using SM5 on his machine. You will see several features in the SM5 version of Simply Love that do not exist for the older version that this thread was created for.
Latest update: 2017-04-11
mute
100%
100%
Former Staff
Former Staff
((( dx_xb )))
((( dx_xb )))
Comp V - 3rd
Comp V - 3rd

Previous

Return to ITG/r21 Discussion