SA Evolved DDR Supernova Tournament

Tournaments, meetups, any sort of IRL planning.

Moderators: Admins, Mods

SA Evolved DDR Supernova Tournament

Postby A2Z on Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:42 pm

It's not ITG I know, but for those in and around the San Antonio area, or want to come to town from far away, a Dance Dance Revolution Supernova Tournament is being hosted Monday, August 3rd, 2015 at Ultra Arcade(5946 Blanco Rd, San Antonio, TX, 78216). It's the Monday after San Japan (local anime convention). Some may question why on a Monday, but this is due to other fighting game tournaments being held at the location on those weekends and other factors. Regardless, if you can make it we would love to see you come out and enjoy some fun and compete. More information below, also a link to the Facebook event page

https://www.facebook.com/events/1593464877593314/

DDR Supernova Tournament

$100 Pot Bonus!

Entry Fee: $15

Price pays for venue, tournament entry, free console gaming, free DDR on extra machine (Extreme), live-streaming, and potentially more

Qualifying Starts @ 9am before the tournament, official start at ~11am
BONUS $1 off entry fee for pre-qualifying Sunday the day before from 8pm till closing. Free machine access available the night before with pre-qualifying fee

Qualifying songs are: “Fly Away” by ChiyoTia and “MOON” by dj TAKA feat. Erika

*You can re-qualify for a $5 fee. Please be aware that your first scores will be replaced with the new scores. You may re-qualify only once.

Quick Tourney Rules: A “Five-Card-Draw” system will be used to select songs played between any two players at a time. Those with higher seed will get first choice of which of the five randomly selected songs will be removed from the five, and the remaining three will be played. The player with higher seed will get choice of first song or which side of the pad they wish to play on. Best of three wins that match. The loser gets moved to loser's bracket, and the winner to the winner's bracket. This process continues until the finalists of the winner's and loser's brackets face each other, in which the Loser Bracket Winner must “Double-Dip” the Winner's Bracket Winner to claim first place. Money will be distributed accordingly to first, second, and third place winners, with fourth place having their entry fee refunded. Questions and concerns? Feel free to post here
"Stepmania Science" methods are just an overly simplified writing method that people use to objectify an artistic process, but it's also not a good idea to just abandon convention and spew arrows haphazardly across a chart.
A2Z
40%
40%

Re: SA Evolved DDR Supernova Tournament

Postby /// on Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:01 pm

A2Z wrote:A “Five-Card-Draw” system will be used to select songs played between any two players at a time.

i feel like texas hold em will be more appropriate given the geographical location

joking aside, will this be livestreamed? i'm pretty sure i'm not going to be allowed to make such a far drive
<@roothorick> my one girl couldn't keep a job and cycled between homeless and living with her parents
<@roothorick> I don't know how I didn't see the writing on the wall
<Kyzentun> Because she didn't have a wall at the time.
///
90%
90%

Re: SA Evolved DDR Supernova Tournament

Postby A2Z on Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:53 pm

Yes, the event will be live streamed through the arcade's website. Here is the link:

http://www.ultraarcade.com/live-stream/

They stream mostly fighting games throughout the weekends as well if you are interested in watching those before the tournament day. Thanks for the consideration :) , hopefully we'll have plans made and announcements earlier next year if this one goes well
"Stepmania Science" methods are just an overly simplified writing method that people use to objectify an artistic process, but it's also not a good idea to just abandon convention and spew arrows haphazardly across a chart.
A2Z
40%
40%

Return to r21freak Union Room