Feels like there's no way...

Answering all questions about r21freak and r21/ITG.
Feel free to ask questions/add information.

Moderator: Admins

Feels like there's no way...

Postby Gamergull on Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:06 pm

Alright, so I wanted to hack my ITG cab today, and I brought everything I could've possibly needed in my backpack. However, after a few hours of reading guides, tinkering, and troubleshooting, I was unable to access the hard drive in ANY way. What I've tried:

Plugging in a keyboard and USB drive with Slax in the front of the cab. I tried mashing F11, and even other keys, and I gave up after 10 tries when nothing happened. ITG loaded normally.
    Plugging in a keyboard and USB drive in the back of the cab. Same thing as above.
    Removed the HDD from the back of the cab, hooked it up to an IDE to USB link, and loaded up Ubuntu on my laptop. No signs of the drive, even with the "fdisk" command. Heck, I even tried Windows. Yeah, didn't work. And yeah, I triple checked the cables.

I put everything back in its place and ITG loaded up fine (but sadly unchanged). I'm stumped now. What gives? Help a sucker, please!
Gamergull
10%
10%

Re: Feels like there's no way...

Postby mute on Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:36 am

My only guess is a dying motherboard if the machine is failing to recognize USB devices.
Latest update: 2017-04-11
mute
100%
100%
Former Staff
Former Staff
((( dx_xb )))
((( dx_xb )))
Comp V - 3rd
Comp V - 3rd

Re: Feels like there's no way...

Postby Horsey on Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:25 am

I believe the HDDs are encrypted, but you said that you weren't using a dongle on the cab? You could always set up a new HDD with concubidated's tool and try that instead.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=27024&p=384637#p384637
Community Dropbox Thread wrote:http://r21freak.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=24873
Horsey
80%
80%

Return to FAQ and Guides