openITG DDR Converted Cabinet Questions

Answering all questions about r21freak and r21/ITG.
Feel free to ask questions/add information.

Moderator: Admins

openITG DDR Converted Cabinet Questions

Postby Wulfgearr on Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:48 pm

Hey guys. I've got some questions about this cabinet that's coming to an arcade of ours in the next few days. I've been digging around forums for a while an was unsure of the lingo and unsure of where to look for my questions. I'd really appreciate your support. Before I dive in, the cabinet has already been converted and the OS/exe/system runs smoothly. The only USB drives I'm able to get access to are located on the cabinet motherboard itself (yes, after digging the whole thing out). There are no external USB slots anywhere else. Unfortunately, my familiarity with openITG is extremely limited as this is the first cabinet I've ever played on/torn apart. It has a few custom songs loaded as well (Broadway Blast 4, DDR mixes, ITG 1 and 2), so clearly it's possible to mod some more. Also the theme is ITG3. So my questions are as follows:

1. What do I need to do about uploading further content and deleting unwanted content?

2. Is there a semi user friendly step-by-step walkthrough of general modding so I can expand my knowledge about this cabinet?

3. What software/equipment will I need to perform said tasks?

If needed, I have a picture I can upload of the motherboard, though I doubt it will help much. I hope I was clear enough in my explanations as we haven't had an ITG cabinet to play on in nearly 7 years. This is a much anticipated arrival. I'm working with the more tech savvy manager at the arcade, so if need be, a detailed explanation could potentially help my cause.

Thanks in advance.
Wulfgearr
0%
0%

Re: openITG DDR Converted Cabinet Questions

Postby SM MaxX on Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:31 am

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=19437 answers a bunch of that
ITG Jesus wrote:I am the jesus of the ITG world and one of my favorite songs is I can walk on water I can fly
SM MaxX
101%
101%

Postby dave on Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:42 am

Wulfgearr wrote:Hey guys. I've got some questions about this cabinet that's coming to an arcade of ours in the next few days. I've been digging around forums for a while an was unsure of the lingo and unsure of where to look for my questions. I'd really appreciate your support. Before I dive in, the cabinet has already been converted and the OS/exe/system runs smoothly. The only USB drives I'm able to get access to are located on the cabinet motherboard itself (yes, after digging the whole thing out). There are no external USB slots anywhere else. Unfortunately, my familiarity with openITG is extremely limited as this is the first cabinet I've ever played on/torn apart. It has a few custom songs loaded as well (Broadway Blast 4, DDR mixes, ITG 1 and 2), so clearly it's possible to mod some more. Also the theme is ITG3. So my questions are as follows:

Is this the DDRX > OITG machine at Copper Monkey Laserport in Portland, OR?
dave
0%
0%

Postby mute on Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:31 am

dave wrote:
Wulfgearr wrote:Hey guys. I've got some questions about this cabinet that's coming to an arcade of ours in the next few days. I've been digging around forums for a while an was unsure of the lingo and unsure of where to look for my questions. I'd really appreciate your support. Before I dive in, the cabinet has already been converted and the OS/exe/system runs smoothly. The only USB drives I'm able to get access to are located on the cabinet motherboard itself (yes, after digging the whole thing out). There are no external USB slots anywhere else. Unfortunately, my familiarity with openITG is extremely limited as this is the first cabinet I've ever played on/torn apart. It has a few custom songs loaded as well (Broadway Blast 4, DDR mixes, ITG 1 and 2), so clearly it's possible to mod some more. Also the theme is ITG3. So my questions are as follows:

Oh god, did someone install oITG in a Betson US DDR X cab?
Latest update: 2017-04-11
mute
100%
100%
Former Staff
Former Staff
((( dx_xb )))
((( dx_xb )))
Comp V - 3rd
Comp V - 3rd

Postby dave on Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:45 pm

mute wrote:
dave wrote:

Oh god, did someone install oITG in a Betson US DDR X cab?

Yes.
dave
0%
0%

Postby RadioRaccoon on Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:44 am

Huh, never seen oITG on a betson ddrx cab. Quite frankly didn't know it was possible.
RadioRaccoon
10%
10%

Postby Wulfgearr on Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:46 pm

This machine is actually in North Alabama. It looks like an old Extreme or Supernova cabinet tbh.

I'm not sure what location this cabinet originally came from. That being said, @SM MaxX and @mute pointed me in the right direction. Some things were a little different from mute's thread (like BIOS commands and accessing BIOS), but apart from some experimentation, I successfully modded it. So thank you guys. Took me about 2 hours after it was all said and done. Tearing it apart multiple times, navigating linux, etc. I may even post some simfiles I've uploaded to the cabinet that I've made for the community. But once again, thanks for your help.
Wulfgearr
0%
0%

Return to FAQ and Guides