Mute's ITG Hacking Guide ~ UPDATED 2015-06-06

Answering all questions about r21freak and r21/ITG.
Feel free to ask questions/add information.

Moderator: Admins

Re: Mute's ITG Hacking Guide ~ Adding Custom Songs & Themes

Postby csikira on Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:12 am

SO update.

Adding songs as per the guide works perfectly - however, I've hit a bit of a snag as far as adding themes goes.

Basically, I can get the machine to load up the theme if I ignore the

"[Common]
InitialScreen=@GetArcadeStartScreen()"

part in the metrics.ini file in the arcade-custom folder. However, if I do this, then the selection buttons do nothing (and neither does adding in a coin) - which is the same problem a member above had.
If I add that part in, then the machine simply doesn't load my custom theme, and loads the normal theme instead.

Is there possibly something obvious I'm missing?
csikira
0%
0%

Postby DragonXDM on Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:07 pm

Ok, so this method has been working fine for me for the past month or so. However, now whenever I try loading up slax from my USB, after a minute or two of loading, itll have a ton a text saying how it cant open due to being a read-only file...

I've tried re downloading and re-installing a few times and it doesnt do anything.
DragonXDM
10%
10%

Postby Simk on Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:37 am

Oh my.. Where did I go wrong?... I followed your guide, Added the static .ini, the custom folder including "Cache, Songs" (No courses not importing any) I see my new folder with my songs in the ITG wheel but whenever I highlight a song, It says the song contains 160 steps, Yet.. When I enter the song no steps arrives.. Is this an issue with the cache?

~~~~~~~~ Edit: I fixed the step issue but a new issue appeared, the solution to the step issue is to make sure to have fast load disabled in stepmania, (It skips the cacheing) atleast that's what fixed it for me, Not 100% sure it's true but atleast it worked

New issue: Some of my songs doesn;t have the music playing, there is no .mp3 file in the folder just a ogg below 5mb which completly confuses me.
Simk
30%
30%

Re: Mute's ITG Hacking Guide ~ UPDATED 2013-07-21

Postby mute on Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:47 am

Bump. Updated several parts of the guide to clarify certain steps. Also added a direct download link to SLAX and the necessary installer utility.
Latest update: 2017-04-11
mute
100%
100%
Former Staff
Former Staff
((( dx_xb )))
((( dx_xb )))
Comp V - 3rd
Comp V - 3rd

Postby Ayrennar on Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:56 pm

Hey I'm on the Navy Base in Charleston and I just bought a machine for the Base for public use. I got the sensors working fine now but I want to put some custom songs on the machine.

1. Is a converted machine capable of being hacked with custom songs?
2. If so Where is the Security dongle located?
3. Is there anyway to get it updated? (its r8)

Now it's a DDR conversion I do believe (the pads are definitely DDR) and when you start the game, It has the Roxor logo, scrolls white text on black screen, then the game boots up.

the screen rolls and is all jacked up while it boots the screen in the correct frequency of the monitor (That was what I was told). Now, the front usb ports work to the best of my knowledge but I don't know where the security Dongle is and don't want to risk damaging the machine by misplay.

I can take pictures if necessary, but any indication would be helpful!
Ayrennar
0%
0%

Postby Wanny on Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:15 pm

The security dongle goes in the Boxor itself (don't remember if it's in a USB or COM port). You're safe keeping it plugged.

To update it you have 2 options:
- Install an official patch. You can get them from here: http://www.goofwear.com/itg/downloads/itg2_arcade/
- Take out the original HDD (just in case) and, in a new drive, install OpenITG.
Wanny
10%
10%

Postby dompel on Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:56 pm

Hey so we screwed up somewhere.

We followed the directions and installed all of the songs but forgot to copy the cache folder. So we noticed that the newer packs we added weren't showing arrows, but the old ones were. So we copied all of the songs to the flash drive, deleted the old cache files, put the songs into Stepmania, loaded the game and then overwrote the cache folder to the dedicab. After that, now none of them work. All of the ITG1/2 songs work obviously. We've been at this for hours and I'm really frustrated. Does anyone know what we might have done wrong?
Join the Mass Rhythm on Facebook.
dompel
10%
10%

Postby dompel on Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:18 pm

Another problem. It only seems to boot into Simply Love sporadically. Sometimes it boots into ITG2 but none of the buttons work. When we restart it, it will then boot into Simply Love. I have no idea why it would do this
dompel
10%
10%

Postby dompel on Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:35 am

dompel wrote:Hey so we screwed up somewhere.

We followed the directions and installed all of the songs but forgot to copy the cache folder. So we noticed that the newer packs we added weren't showing arrows, but the old ones were. So we copied all of the songs to the flash drive, deleted the old cache files, put the songs into Stepmania, loaded the game and then overwrote the cache folder to the dedicab. After that, now none of them work. All of the ITG1/2 songs work obviously. We've been at this for hours and I'm really frustrated. Does anyone know what we might have done wrong?

Solved this problem thanks to Ninevolt :) I was using SM 3.9b to cache the songs but 3.95 was truly needed. I couldn't find 3.95 so I tried OITG and that worked!

The only issue I have now is that it sometimes boots into the broken ITG2 theme but restarting seems to fix it.
dompel
10%
10%

Postby mute on Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:16 am

dompel wrote:Another problem. It only seems to boot into Simply Love sporadically. Sometimes it boots into ITG2 but none of the buttons work. When we restart it, it will then boot into Simply Love. I have no idea why it would do this

What did you name your proxy theme?
Latest update: 2017-04-11
mute
100%
100%
Former Staff
Former Staff
((( dx_xb )))
((( dx_xb )))
Comp V - 3rd
Comp V - 3rd

Postby dompel on Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:23 am

mute wrote:
dompel wrote:Another problem. It only seems to boot into Simply Love sporadically. Sometimes it boots into ITG2 but none of the buttons work. When we restart it, it will then boot into Simply Love. I have no idea why it would do this

What did you name your proxy theme?

I went with "arcade". In pretty much every step when it said "arcade-custom" in your guide, I replaced it with "arcade". It does sometimes boot into Simply Love which makes me wonder if its like timing out and then hitting the fallback. Really weird...
dompel
10%
10%

Postby Case on Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:16 am

Mute have you ever taken a new computer and built it into the box and then installed either ITG itself on it or openITG?
http://www.hulu.com/watch/289406 Grooving Weeaboos.

A fine line between homage and racism.
Case
40%
40%

Postby SkorpionX16 on Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:42 am

Hey, I recently got my own dedicab and I was able to hack it by putting like an extra 200 songs on it.

The guide was helpful, but whenever I boot up the machine normally, the songs don't show up. And along with that, the theme doesn't appear at all, even though a followed the instructions in your guide. :?
Download my god dang packs:

SkorpionX16
20%
20%

Postby Kawarimi on Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:14 pm

Hello! I've found two guides regarding this, the other one being this one. http://www.docstoc.com/docs/91393409/Ho ... oduction-2

What's the difference? Can you follow either, is one wrong, or does it depend on something?

(If it differs between Roxor and Andamiro, Roxor is the one that's relevant)
Kawarimi
0%
0%

Postby PaTriCK =) on Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:13 pm

This mute's ITG hacking Guide is useful for hacking a UPGRADE machine??
ImageImage
mute wrote:If Patrick is spotting all these errors with our files, that better mean his pack is fantastic
PaTriCK =)
60%
60%

PreviousNext

Return to FAQ and Guides