Supz from Stepmania Online, Xero here

Never been here before? Come here first.
Read the site introduction and introduce yourself if you like.

Moderators: Admins, Mods

Supz from Stepmania Online, Xero here

Postby ddrXero64 on Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:48 pm

Hey r21freak, thought I'd introduce myself. I've been overdue for registering an account here as recommendation from BarX (may be known as umx_dave) and recently Notesmash from Youtube. A little background:

I've been playing DDR since I was 10, back in 2002. I discovered Stepmania around 2005, didn't think much of it, and played it a few times on friends' computers. Discovered SMO (the old one, created and run by Charles Lohr) back in 2009. Stumbled upon an alternative site, became moderator by pure luck for answering a spanish question. Then SMO went down and CNLohr retired, and SMO.eu fell into place as the main SMO. I now administrate SMO alongside BarX, which makes 2 of the 4 staff members that existed before we became main (the others being the owner Dutch_com and retired moderator ReMaXeD).

I came to this site for two reasons. Recommended by many for quality pad files, and to refine my skills as a pad stepper. I started officially stepping last year in February. Since then I've learned to step pad, index and keyboard spread files. I find that a lot of my files are half assed, and that I need to refine them as well. I also seem to step pad files quite eccentrically. I step DDR esque files, sometimes going into the DDR X field and abusing crossovers, and shamelessly spins.

My issue is (don't have a heart attack): I've never played on an ITG machine for more than 5 minutes. I tried it twice in my life, on a whim and and as a passerby. There are none in my area at the moment, not in reach at least. I don't know what it is to play an "ITG" file, one that is harder than DDR yet keeps its expressiveness, versus the stamina draining ones we all know. I'd love to start posting around and better my quality, so I'll post some files time to time. I will provide my own feedback as well, I hope to become an active member here.

Nice to be here, looking forward to improving my skills while helping out others as well. Props to the staff and moderation/administration team here as well!

Boom badoom boom boom badoom boom BASS,
ddrXero64
ddrXero64
10%
10%

Re: Supz from Stepmania Online, Xero here

Postby SM MaxX on Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:51 pm

At least you admit you abuse crossovers and spins. Some people are blind as a bat to that stuff. :roll:
Oh yeah and hi.
Kyzentun wrote:PS: I once told my name to the principal in high school and she said it sounded French. So Horsey can't claim that as his excuse for misspelling.
SM MaxX
101%
101%

Postby Psychotik on Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:53 pm

sup
TEEX wrote:I want me a grrrl that will call me at 4 in the morning and ask me what my best is on Ants. :oops:
Psychotik
102%
102%
Mr. Green
Mr. Green
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Xythar on Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:24 am

Hey ddrXero.
ImageImage
Psychotik wrote:
Valex wrote:my clock doesn't display AST (anime standard time) :(

AST is always an hour later than it should be, so you're constantly running with toast in your mouth.
Xythar
70%
70%

Postby Schlagwerk on Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:53 am

SM MaxX wrote:At least you admit you abuse crossovers and spins. Some people don't give a groove.
fix'd

Anyway, welcome.
Schlagwerk
40%
40%

Postby SM MaxX on Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:20 am

Schlagwerk wrote:
SM MaxX wrote:At least you admit you abuse crossovers and spins. Some people don't give a groove.
fix'd.

That too I guess.
Kyzentun wrote:PS: I once told my name to the principal in high school and she said it sounded French. So Horsey can't claim that as his excuse for misspelling.
SM MaxX
101%
101%

Postby ddrXero64 on Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:57 am

Thanks for the warm welcomes. hai Xythar

I just finished a file I plan to submit to an N64 Collab at ZiV forums, I'll upload it to Individual Files, stepped with 5 difficulties from Beg-Oni. I put effort in it, it's probably a current (just finished 5 minutes ago) example of my stepping as of now. That'll hopefully shed some light on how good/bad my files are.

I'll make sure to look through some files and provide my own feedback, but I don't wanna look douchy, I just joined haha.
ddrXero64
10%
10%

Return to Introduction Threads