How would I go about disassembling a DDR Extreme machine?

IIDX, Pop'n, PIU, DDR, Stepmania, Drummania, Guitar Hero, etc.

Moderators: Admins, Mods

How would I go about disassembling a DDR Extreme machine?

Postby dj505 on Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:34 pm

Found a machine up for auction that I might buy. I just can't figure out how I'd get the cabinet part downstairs... The pads and marquee would be easy to carry down a flight of stairs with some help, but would it even be possible to get the cabinet itself down? If so, how?
dj505
40%
40%

Re: How would I go about disassembling a DDR Extreme machine

Postby mute on Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:25 am

Get three friends and a set or two of moving straps.

Or hire professional movers. Take it from me: They will do it more quickly and with less damage to your machine and stairwell. I have moved my machines at least a half dozen times, and after a few unpleasant times trying to move it myself (with friends), I will now always hire professional movers.
Mute Sims Megathread
Last updated: 2018-07-26

Mute's Resyncs
Last updated: 2018-05-02
mute
100%
100%
Former Staff
Former Staff
((( dx_xb )))
((( dx_xb )))
Comp V - 3rd
Comp V - 3rd

Postby Slayer³ on Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:57 pm

dj505 wrote:Found a machine up for auction that I might buy. I just can't figure out how I'd get the cabinet part downstairs... The pads and marquee would be easy to carry down a flight of stairs with some help, but would it even be possible to get the cabinet itself down? If so, how?

Stairs can be done, but it is not fun.
Make sure you measure well, so you don't get stuck and are sure you'll be able to get it in.

I've moved cabs down and up stairs, including my own. So, yes, it is do-able.
I highly recommend at least 3 friends, 2 per side.
If you have to go horizontal with it, get 5 friends, just in case you need someone to run to a side and help out.

WARNING:
The monitor will hold a LETHAL charge for up to a week!!
Make sure the backside is screwed in so no-one tries to use the back of the monitor as a grip and accidentally electrocutes them self.

It is possible to discharge it, but doing so can break the monitor. (So, I don't recommend it)
Slayer³
50%
50%

Postby dj505 on Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:23 pm

Slayer³ wrote:
dj505 wrote:Found a machine up for auction that I might buy. I just can't figure out how I'd get the cabinet part downstairs... The pads and marquee would be easy to carry down a flight of stairs with some help, but would it even be possible to get the cabinet itself down? If so, how?

WARNING:
The monitor will hold a LETHAL charge for up to a week!!
Make sure the backside is screwed in so no-one tries to use the back of the monitor as a grip and accidentally electrocutes them self.
Yeah, it was the same way with my old Rygar machine. We had to be super careful taking out the monitor, too lol. Thanks for all the info! I'll definitely keep it in mind!
dj505
40%
40%

Return to Other Music Games