Kommisar wrote:I thought cabs were more than that these days..what can you get with 2k?
With 2k, I can get an ITG that was upgraded from a DDR cabinet, but I am rather patient. It took me 4 months to find a machine I was happy with. I know you can easily get a DDR machine for around 1200-1400 if your patient. I snagged mine at 900, and my back up at the time was a 4th mix that was 1200. Now, when buying a cabinet you need to make sure its a Japanese cabinet. I have seen a whole lot of fakes, and they are pretty easy to spot. The last thing you want to buy is a PS2 in a box. PS2 in a boxes have MUCH crappier pads, and you can't upgrade or modify them. I turned my EXTREME into an openITG, just an example of what you can do with a real one.
I think I may have just bought a ITG 2 for 5k with shipping included.
Spotting a Fake: (DDR Machine)
- With DDR machines when there was a PS2 game with the same name you need to inspect the machine.
- All DDR Ultramixes are fakes.
- Fakes Machines do not have the Konami Logos. One of the most obvious is the one on the front glass.
- Fake Machines don't always have the right button colors, the buttons askew, or misaligned.
- If it has a PS1 Card Reader, its most likely real.
- Always get a machine that is newer then 3rd mix, so you can mod or upgrade it.
- Don't get overly excited when you think you have the machine, make sure you remain skeptical. Excitement will cause you to overlook things, that will really cost you in the long run.
- Fakes have 1 Florescent Bulb in the Marquee, Real have 2.
If I remember more things you need to look out for I will post them.
Now, if I could only get someone to help me with setting up the Lights for my Open ITG machine I would be really happy.