Custom songs on PIU Pro2?

IIDX, Pop'n, PIU, DDR, Stepmania, Drummania, Guitar Hero, etc.

Moderators: Admins, Mods

Custom songs on PIU Pro2?

Postby Riko on Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:14 pm

Hi guys. I was wondering, is there a way to upload some new content on Pro2? Our small community has been playing it for 4+ years and it became kinda boring. And there's no way we get new mix/cab because we live in a country with ~120$ av. salary and our arcade is semi-dead.

So, is it possible to "refresh" it? If yes, then what do i have to do? Like, gather simfiles onto a flash drive and use service menu, or i'll need to mount the cab's HDD into a PC?
Riko
0%
0%

Re: Custom songs on PIU Pro2?

Postby The Insomniac on Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:07 pm

According to Wikipedia, pump it up Pro runs on Stepmania, so I'm sure it's possible. I'm not well versed on the subject, so I'm not too sure what's necessary. You might have to hack it like an original itg 2 machine (which was a build of Stepmania as well)

You will also need to have some packs of PIU simfiles that are compatible with Stepmania. I would just Google itg 2 machine hacks/tutorials for now. You might get lucky and find some PIU related stuff.
8otb is too far wtf
The Insomniac
80%
80%

Postby Riko on Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:30 pm

Thanks, will look into that! Was just hoping someone already did this and could tell me exactly how to do it/what to do. Hope the ITG way will work for me.
Riko
0%
0%

Postby Riko on Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:23 am

Unfortunately, ITG method did not work out. Pro2 has different file structure, nothing even similar to Stepmania. Probably its packed into separate files somewhere, but i couldn't find it at the arcade. I will try to search for other ways, but any kind of help is greatly appreciated.
Riko
0%
0%

Postby concubidated on Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:49 pm

Riko wrote:Unfortunately, ITG method did not work out. Pro2 has different file structure, nothing even similar to Stepmania. Probably its packed into separate files somewhere, but i couldn't find it at the arcade. I will try to search for other ways, but any kind of help is greatly appreciated.

You need to mount the OS, convert all your sims to ogg, cache them all and pack them. (You can use the crappy windows build of pro2 for that) Then you can have extra songs in Pro 2. I believe with 2 you may need to swap out the binary with a modified version. It has been awhile since I have done it.

If you don't already have access to hacked pro stuff, I would recommended just running sm5 with the piuio driver. Super simple to setup, then just run in pump mode.
concubidated
10%
10%

Return to Other Music Games